By giving to SRSLY on this day, you can make a direct impact on your community and help Manchester youth live healthy, substance-free lives. You can support SRSLY on #GivingTuesday by visiting our donation website through St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea at srslymanchester.org/donate.html
Occurring this year on November 28, #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving to kick off the holiday giving season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
In 2016, the fifth year of #GivingTuesday, more than $177 million was raised online to benefit a broad range of organizations, and much more was given in volunteer hours, donations of food and clothing, and acts of kindness.
SRSLY could not have the impact it does without the support of our donors, volunteers, and the community. The recent data shows 4 of 5 MHS Students have never used marijuana (2016 MI Profiles for Healthy Youth Survey). We’re also celebrating these accomplishments:
- This year 6 SRSLY SLS youth attended a 3-day Youth to Youth Leadership and drug-prevention conference.
- SRSLY SLS students and participation retails stores are working together to create a safer, healthier lifestyle by combating the problem of underage drinking through the project Sticker Shock campaign.
- There were over 3654 Volunteer Hours.
- Youth presented SRSLY’s Resolution to Protect our Community’s Youth from the Marijuana Industry to over 16 are agencies.
- SRSLY SLS students built a float for the annual Lighted Parade for Christmas in the Village and where award first place by the Chamber of Commerce.
SRSLY is a key resource that is helping keep Manchester youth healthy and safe. But because we are community-based, we heavily rely upon financial support from the members of our community — from people like you. Please consider donating to SRSLY on #GivingTuesday this year. Your gift is an investment in our community’s youth that could pay off for years to come.
Those who are interested in supporting SRSLY on #GivingTuesday can visit srslymanchester.org/donate.html and be sure to designate which SRSLY community you would like to donate to.