After School Meetings
The SRSLY After School Meeting is a chance for youth to have their say. This 60-minute weekly meeting is open to all 7th - 12th grade students and home-schooled youth. Youth Steering Committee members review our action plan and work on upcoming events and educational awareness projects.
During this week SRSLY spends the week playing games, giving away prizes, and having a table with information during lunches. Those who have SRSLY gear can sport their support!
Match and Science Night
Join us in the spring for Math and Science Night at Klager! You can find science experiments, animals, grow your own tomatoes or strawberries, and us! We bring our portable Big Red Barrel activity to bring awareness to disposing of unused and expired medication. We bring SRSLY gear as well as prizes for those who complete the Big Red Barrel activity!
Volunteer Appreciation Party
This is our time to say thanks to everyone who helped out over the course of the year. An award ceremony recognizes individuals for their contributions. The rest of the event is just a chance to eat, relax, and have fun with fellow coalition members.
Spring Benefit Dinner and Show
Students revitalized The Variety Show by combining their passion for mental health awareness. This is an annual benefit is a fundraiser for agencies in Washtenaw county that the student are passionate about and want to support. This benefit includes dinner and a show. The show consists of acts from 7th - 12th graders from singing, dancing, playing instruments, and whatever other talents our incredible students have!
Our annual spooky fundraiser for SRSLY involves student led haunted hallways, snacks, Halloween fun and games, and a kid hallway. Students chose a theme and decorate accordingly! We have student actors providing all the spooks and hauntings for your enjoyment. We look forward to seeing you and providing happy haunts in October!
SRSLY Events Policies:
- The use of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs of any kind, by anyone, youth and adults, will not be permitted.
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of an event will not be allowed to participate, and any illegal behavior will be reported to the authorities.
- SRSLY Events are open to the public. Coalition membership is strongly urged, but not required.
- Some SRSLY Events will be limited to certain age groups, while others will be open to anyone, any age.
- Parents are welcome to attend an event as chaperones, as long as they contact the SRSLY Director to sign-up beforehand.
- SRSLY Events are open; meaning arrival and departure of participants – youth and adults – will not be monitored or controlled.
- SRSLY Event organizers will make every effort to ensure a safe environment. However, the SRSLY Coalition, its members, and its sponsoring organizations are not responsible for the safety of participants at an event.