Billboards, magazine ads and public presentations promoting marijuana have been showing up in Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester and Stockbridge. SRSLY members have seen enough.
The SRSLY coalitions in these four towns have joined forces to raise awareness about the consequences of having marijuana businesses in our communities. A special task force has thoroughly researched the issue over the past six months, and is now presenting the results of their work to local governments and organizations.
Did you know?
- The marijuana industry can harm our town.
- Short-term gain in taxing marijuana can lead to long-term losses.
- Marijuana use — even for medical reasons — is illegal under federal law under the Controlled Substances Act.
- Access to marijuana and exposure to marijuana advertising are linked to increased marijuana use in youth.
- Areas with legal marijuana have seen increases in ER visits for kids who accidentally eat THC-infused baked goods or candies.
- Local governments are not required to allow medicinal marijuana facilities in our town.
- Businesses are not required to allow medicinal marijuana companies to advertise their products in our town.